Header Ads

  • Breaking writing

    A Farewell to Joohoney: MONSTA X’s Rapper Enlists in the Military

    MONSTA X, one of the most popular K-pop groups in the world, has announced that their main rapper and producer Joohoney will be enlisting in the military on July 24, 2023. This news came as a shock to many fans, who have been following his musical journey since his debut in 2015.

    Joohoney, whose real name is Lee Joo-heon, is the third member of MONSTA X to fulfill his mandatory military service, following Shownu and Minhyuk. He will join the Army as an active duty soldier after completing his basic training.

    Joohoney’s Letter to Fans

    Joohoney revealed his enlistment date in a handwritten letter to his fans, known as Monbebes, on MONSTA X’s official fan website on July 11. He expressed his love and gratitude for their support and asked them not to worry about him.

    "Because the time I spend together with Monbebes and the MONSTA X members is so precious and happy for me, I wanted to spend this time more fully with all of you, so I wound up telling you this only today. Monbebes, I’ll be enlisting in the military on July 24.”

    He also shared his new buzz cut pictures on his Instagram account, showing his playful and cheerful personality. He even turned his trimmed hair into a heart shape for his fans. This is a part of MONSTA X’s tradition where members help each other shave their heads before their enlistment.

    "I didn’t know when was the right time to say this, so honestly, I debated a lot over the timing,” he mentioned and added, “Because there is less time left now than I’d anticipated, even as I write this, I’m very worried about how Monbebes will feel but above all else, I wanted Monbebes to smile and feel happy while watching me during our fan concert, and I wanted to see you all smiling like that. And I also wanted to make it possible for you all to feel that way.”

    He continued:

    "I’m not leaving forever, so please don’t worry about me, and please promise to look at the sky every day and recall the things I said and think about Joohoney at least once a day!! Promise? After I come back, I’ll show you more good things. Like I said, I think of this time as a comma for us. It’s not a period, but just a temporary comma that is leading to what lies next. [in English] I love you all day, I love you always, so in love with yourself. I’m truly grateful to you, who have taught me love."

    Joohoney’s Musical Legacy

    Joohoney is not only a talented rapper but also a prolific producer and songwriter. He has composed and written many songs for MONSTA X, such as “Shoot Out”, “Alligator”, “Follow”, “Fantasia” and “Gambler”. He has also collaborated with other artists such as Mad Clown, Soyou, Eric Nam and Jackson Wang.

    In January 2021, he released his first solo EP titled Lights, which showcased his versatility and charisma as a solo artist. The EP featured six tracks that ranged from hip-hop to pop to ballad, including the title track “Psyche” and the English song “Smoky”.

    He also participated in various TV shows such as Show Me The Money 4, King of Mask Singer, Weekly Idol and Running Man. He impressed viewers with his rap skills, humor and charm.

    Fans’ Reactions

    Fans from all over the world have been sending their messages of support and encouragement to Joohoney on social media. They have been using hashtags such as #ThankYouJoohoney #WeWillWaitForYouJoohoney #JoohoneyEnlistmentDay #JoohoneyWeLoveYou #MonstaXForeverWithJoohoney and more.

    Some fans have also created fan projects such as banners, videos and playlists to celebrate his achievements and wish him well.

    Here are some of the tweets from fans:

    • “Thank you for always giving us your best. You are such an amazing artist and person. We are so proud of you and we will always support you. Please take care of yourself and come back safely. We love you so much Joohoney.” [@monstaxfan123]
    • “Joohoney, you are my inspiration and my happiness. You have taught me how to love myself and be confident. You have given me so much joy and comfort with your music and your smile. I will miss you so much but I will wait for you patiently. You are the best rapper in the world.” [@honeybebe456]
    • “Joohoney, you are a legend and a genius. You have created so many masterpieces and touched so many hearts with your rap and your voice. You have worked so hard and achieved so much. You deserve all the respect and recognition. I hope you have a good time in the military and come back stronger and healthier.” [@rapstar789]

    Conclusion

    Joohoney’s enlistment is a sad moment for MONSTA X and their fans, but it is also a chance for him to grow and learn new things. He has left behind a legacy of music and memories that will keep his fans company until he returns.

    We wish him all the best and hope he stays safe and healthy. We look forward to seeing him again on stage with his fellow members, shining brighter than ever.

    Joohoney, we love you!

    No comments

    Post Top Ad

    Post Bottom Ad